It’s been a while, but I’ve been reading, reading, reading. Finally caught my stride, yo!
Finished Books 1 & 2 of the Trylle Trilogy and about to start the third. Yay! After that, leaving my iPad behind and reading The Chronicles of Vladmir Tod, a book one of my students gave me to read.
Oh, I won one of the prizes! I’m so shocked and feel all kinds of special. Thanks Dewey’s!
And now for the Midway survey, well after midway…
1. What are you reading right now? Just about to start the Ascend (3rd book in the Trylle Trilogy)
2. How many books have you read so far? Sadly just 2. I’d thought I’d be much farther along by now.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Umm, not too sure. I have two more YA novels to get through so I’m looking forward to both of them.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I had nothing planned to today hence why I decided to do the Read-a-thon. It’s my first free weekend in weeks and I get to spend it doing one of my favorite things? Oh yeah! Bring it!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I was okay until my husband came home from work and he wanted to, you know, actually spend time with me. ;-p I tried to read in the same room with him as he watched the USC/Notre Dame game but it was too distracting so I left him alone. He understood and was cool with it.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How slow I’m reading actually and how easy it is to get distracted. But, I’m loving the community aspect of the whole thing so that’s been very fun.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No. I’m having a great time!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Umm…not get frustrated with myself if I have a slow start? Oh, have a few more goodies on hand. I forgot and now I’m craving pretty random things.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Quite the opposite! I’m warmed up and ready to read more. I have a feeling I’ll make it to the end no problem. I’m good with reading at night for some odd reason.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Get involved with the community!